Warranty Statement – Downloadable PDF
3 Year, Unlimited Miles Nationwide Warranty
Parts & Labor Coverage
Our commitment to delivering excellent service doesn’t end at the closing of the sale! Should you have any questions or concerns about your Street Smart transmission, our Product Support Team is only a phone call away.
So what does a No Hassle Warranty really mean?
• You’re covered for 3 years, unlimited miles.
• Your warranty attaches to your vehicle and transfers to new owners.
• You’re covered anywhere in the continental United States.
• You’re back on the road fast; we send you a replacement transmission. as soon as your warranty diagnosis submitted!
• We pay labor to the shop installing your replacement transmission.
Labor Warranty Defined: Up to $50/hour MItchell book hours for removal and re-installation. Must be initially installed at an auto repair shop for labor warranty to be valid. Auto repair shop is defined as repair shop whose primary business is automotive repair and provides auto repair service to the general public, and the initial install is done on a repair order.
Commercial Application Defined: Vehicles of larger than one ton (F450/F550, 4500/5500 series, motorhomes), transportation for hire (taxis, shuttles, bus, limo) delivery service, business-owned commercial-use vehicles, police/emergency vehicles, tow trucks.
Remanufactured Transmission Warranty Terms
.The Remanufacturer warrants to the purchaser that we will repair or replace, at its sole option, units that The Remanufacturer determines to be defective in materials or workmanship for a period of 3 years from the original date of sale. This warranty applies only to products installed in passenger vehicles, vans, SUV’s and light trucks up to and including one ton payload capacity trucks (up to F350/3500 Series). Units installed in commercial or heavy-duty applications will be warranted only for defects in materials and workmanship for 18 months or 100K miles (whichever comes first.) These will include, but are not limited to: vehicles over one ton towing payload capacity (F450/F550/4500/5500 Series), transportation for hire (taxis, shuttles, limousine services) , delivery services, police and any other emergency vehicles, and/or tow trucks. Off-road vehicles and stationary vehicles are limited to 6 months or 6,000 miles (whichever comes first). Vehicles modified outside of factory specifications or otherwise misrepresented upon purchase are void of warranty.
2. Warranty concerns shall be called in at 813-235-0800 option 3 with your order number. The Remanufacturer reserves the right to request a copy of the original install repair order before a warranty claim is authorized. All warranty claims must have approval from the warranty administration department at The Remanufacturer before any warranty work is performed. Installation facility must receive an authorization number from The Remanufacturer warranty administration.
3. The Remanufacturer limited product warranty will end at the expiration from the date of shipping receipt. No repair or replacement will extend the warranty beyond the original period.
4. Failed units must be returned to our facility for inspection within 30 days. Failure to do so will result in a denied warranty claim. To return a failed unit, call 813-235-0800 option 3.
5. Labor warranty requires that the transmission was originally installed at a licensed auto repair shop. Labor allowances will be limited to labor hours as determined by Mitchell On-Demand labor guide at a rate of $50 per hour. Labor payments will only be made after receipt and inspection by The Remanufacturer of the failed unit and determination that it is covered by this warranty. A copy of the repair order must be submitted to us from a licensed auto repair shop to receive labor payments.
6. The Remanufacturer warranty does not cover: Towing charges, diagnostic time without prior approval, fluids (unless originally provided), vehicle rental, transportation charges, loss of time, loss of income, loss of use of the vehicle, storage fees, or consequential, special, punitive or incidental damages. Other exclusions may apply.
7. A remanufactured transmission warranty will only be honored within the continental United States.
8. The Remanufacturer reserves the right to charge back the cost of the unit, shipping, or labor charges should it be determined that the failure was caused by improper installation, abuse, misuse, lack of maintenance, neglect, accidents, vandalism or any other condition not covered by this warranty.
9. THIS WARRANTY SUPERCEDES ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND THERE ARE NO OTHER WARRANTIES BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION CONTAINED HEREIN
What’s a No Hassle Warranty?
Our commitment to delivering excellent service doesn’t end at the closing of the sale! Should you have any questions or concerns about your transmission, our Product Support Team is only a phone call away. So what does a No Hassle Warranty really mean? When your transmission is installed at a licensed repair facility:
• You’re covered for 3 years unlimited mileage on standard application vehicles.
• Your warranty is attached to your VIN and transferable with vehicle ownership.
• You’re covered anywhere (and everywhere) in the continental United States.
• You’re back on the road fast; we send you a replacement transmission as soon as your warranty claim is submitted.
• We pay parts and labor to the shop installing your replacement transmission.
Labor Warranty: Up to $50/hour Mitchell book hours for removal and re-installation. Must be initially installed at a licensed auto repair shop* for labor warranty to be valid.
*Licensed auto repair shop: A repair shop whose primary business is automotive repair and provides auto repair service to the general public.
Commercial Application: Vehicles of larger than one ton, transportation for hire (taxis, shuttles, limousine services) delivery service, police and any other emergency vehicles, and/or tow trucks.
Return and Cancellations Policy
We understand there are situations that may require an order cancellation. Cancellations cannot be accepted after 30 days of order. Due to transmission freight costs, the following policy is in effect for all cancellations and returns:
1. If order canceled before shipment (loaded on truck), 100% refund will be issued.
2. If order canceled after shipment, but before delivery, a full refund minus $200 will be issued for freight reconsignment fees.
3. If order canceled after delivery, but not installed, a full refund minus 10% restocking fee and $100 each way ($200) for freight delivery and return pickup.
4. If order canceled after delivery, and has been installed, a full refund minus 20% restocking and retesting fee and $100 each way ($200) for freight delivery and return pickup.
Our Recent Reviews
We let our reviews speak for us.
Wonderful experience beginning to end. Very easy to work with and my transmission showed up right when they said it would.
This was a very fast process. I entered my VIN and there was a quote within 30 seconds. The transmission was shipped to the mechanic very fast. Street Smart was very easy to deal with online and over-the-phone. I was very satisfied.
Great transmission for my 03 Trailblazer, over 190k going for another 190k... Considering another for a Chevy Malibu