Remanufactured 6R140 Transmissions
Get A 6R140 Transmission + Install Quote
Ship Direct To Repair Shop
We provide an out-the-door price, with shipping, for a replacement remanufactured 6R140 transmission direct to the repair shop.
6R140 Transmissions At Wholesale Prices
At Street Smart, we provide remanufactured transmissions shipped factory direct at wholesale prices to save you money.
Ships with Synthetic Fluid
Ships with Pennzoil Platinum LV Multi-Vehicle ATF Synthetic Transmission Fluid
Buy Factory Direct and Save!
Save an average of $350 – $1200 than buying through a dealer or repair shop!
Learn more about Shipping, Warranty, Core Returns, and Ordering from Street Smart
How Street Smart Transmission Works
1. Request An Estimate
Select your vehicle above to receive estimate. We will display an out-the-door price for a replacement remanufactured transmission, along with local installation estimate, shipped free to one of our recommended installers or your mechanic.
2. Order Factory Direct & Save
Buy factory direct wholesale and save an average $350 to $1200 vs. buying through shops or dealers. Special Financing available through PayPal Credit. All transmissions come with a 3 year, unlimited mile, parts and labor, nationwide warranty.
3. Free Ship + No Core Charge
*Residential delivery add $200. We do not ship to AK, HI, PR or International.
**Excluding Dodge Diesel 48RE, 65RFE & 68RFE models.
4. Free Core Pickup
Your mechanic installs your new transmission, and places your old transmission (core) into our reusable shipping container. You let us know when your vehicle is done, and we’ll send a truck to pick up the core free, within 24 hours.
Our 6R140 Updates and Upgrades
• Fully remanufactured valve body includes updated solenoid switch valves for improved shifting, lubrication, and performance.
• Fully remanufactured torque converter is tested for leaks, lockup, concentricity, and balance.
• Completely remanufactured pump provides consistent internal pressures, eliminating slippage and delayed engagement.
• All-new custom-spec bushings improve internal fluid flow control and pressures.
• Bushings and machined surfaces polished to a mirror-like OE finish of 16 RA or less.
• Every transmission is cold-and hot-tested using a proprietary dynamometer testing program that includes fully synthetic automatic transmission fluid and a filtration system.
• Over-sized pressure regulator (P/R) valve used to improve consistency of pressure control
• Upgraded TCC Clutch Regulator Valve used to maintain consistent application of TCC Clutch when required
• Bearings are inspected and replaced with OE when any sign of excess wear is noticed
• Full-time cooler flow achieved by removing thermostat valve, and keeping circuit open for constant flow of cooler and lubrication
• Proprietary bracket used to protect case connector from damage prior to and during installation
6R140 Vehicle Applications
How Many Variations of the 6R140?
There are many different variations (so we have over 60 different part numbers!). Each one for a different engine size (bellhousing) and varying electronic and solenoid systems for different years.
Only certain models will interchange with others, which is why we ask for your 17-digit VIN# when you order so we are 100% sure it is the matching unit for your vehicle!
Remanufactured 6R140 vs. Rebuilt or Used
3 Year, Unlimited Miles Nationwide Warranty
Parts & Labor Coverage
Our commitment to delivering excellent service doesn’t end at the closing of the sale! Should you have any questions or concerns about your Street Smart transmission, our Product Support Team is only a phone call away.
So what does a No Hassle Warranty really mean?
• You’re covered for 3 years, unlimited miles.
• Your warranty attaches to your vehicle and transfers to new owners.
• You’re covered anywhere in the continental United States.
• You’re back on the road fast; we send you a replacement transmission. as soon as your warranty diagnosis submitted!
• We pay labor to the shop installing your replacement transmission.
Labor Warranty Defined: Up to $50/hour MItchell book hours for removal and re-installation. Must be initially installed at an auto repair shop for labor warranty to be valid. Auto repair shop is defined as repair shop whose primary business is automotive repair and provides auto repair service to the general public, and the initial install is done on a repair order.
Commercial Application Defined: Vehicles of larger than one ton (F450/F550, 4500/5500 series, motorhomes), transportation for hire (taxis, shuttles, bus, limo) delivery service, business-owned commercial-use vehicles, police/emergency vehicles, tow trucks.
A Day in the Life of a Transmission Video
Learn more about Shipping, Warranty, Core Returns, and Ordering Works
Our Recent Reviews
We let our reviews speak for us.
6R140 Diagnostic Trouble Codes
|P0711||Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor Circuit Range/Performance|
|P0712||Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor Circuit Low Input|
|P0713||Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor Circuit High Input|
|P0714||Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor Circuit Intermittent P0715|
|P0715||Input/Turbine Speed Sensor Circuit|
|P0717||Input/Turbine Speed Sensor Circuit No Signal|
|P0733||Gear 3 Incorrect Ratio|
|P0741||Torque Converter Clutch Circuit|
|P0742||Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Stuck On|
|P0743||Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Electrical|
|P0744||Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Intermittent|
|P0748||Pressure Control Solenoid 'A' Electrical|
|P0750||Shift Solenoid 'A'|
|P0751||Shift Solenoid 'A' Performance or Stuck Off|
|P0752||Shift Solenoid 'A' Stuck On|
|P0753||Shift Solenoid 'A' Electrical|
|P0755||Shift Solenoid 'B'|
|P0756||Shift Solenoid 'B' Performance or Stuck Off|
|P0757||Shift Solenoid 'B' Stuck On|
|P0758||Shift Solenoid 'B' Electrical|
The 6R140 is a six-speed heavy duty TorqShift automatic transmission that debuted in the 2011 Super Duty series. The 6R140 is based on the Lepelletier-styletrain gear system and features stronger components than it’s predecessor. Also includes a lower first gear ratio, double overdrive and Ford’s SelectShift technology.
Designed to improve torque application while reducing strain on internal components, the Ravigneaux planetary gearset is a compound set of gears that is made from sinter-brazed powdered metal. This stout two-in-one gearset is able to handle the extreme torque of the 6.7L Powerstroke, as well as the high rpm shifts of the Ford 6.2L gas V8. It also has the 5R110 one-way clutch to smooth out the 1-2 shift.
The 6R140 transmission uses a single piece deep skirt case, which provides quieter operation, and less chance of fluid leaks. To simplify maintenance, all of the internal components can be accessed from the front of the case by the torque convertor.
Most power take off (PTO) systems require the truck to be stationary in order to draw engine power for an accessory. The Ford 6R140 Live Drive PTO however, uses an output gear that is connected directly to the engine crankshaft. This allows for on-the-fly operation of attached accessories like snow plows and spreaders.