Get A 65RFE Transmission + Install Quote
Ship Direct To Repair Shop
We provide an out-the-door price, with shipping, for a replacement remanufactured 65RFE transmission direct to the repair shop.
65RFE Transmissions At Wholesale Prices
At Street Smart, we provide remanufactured transmissions shipped factory direct at wholesale prices to save you money.
Ships with Synthetic Fluid
Ships with Pennzoil Synthetic Transmission Fluid
Buy Factory Direct and Save!
Save an average of $350 – $1200 than buying through a dealer or repair shop!
Learn more about Shipping, Warranty, Core Returns, and Ordering from Street Smart
How Street Smart Transmission Works
1. Request An Estimate
Select your vehicle above to receive estimate. We will display an out-the-door price for a replacement remanufactured transmission, along with local installation estimate, shipped free to one of our recommended installers or your mechanic.
2. Order Factory Direct & Save
Buy factory direct wholesale and save an average $350 to $1200 vs. buying through shops or dealers. Special Financing available through PayPal Credit. All transmissions come with a 3 year, unlimited mile, parts and labor, nationwide warranty.
3. Free Ship + No Core Charge
*Residential delivery add $200. We do not ship to AK, HI, PR or International.
**Excluding Dodge Diesel 48RE, 65RFE & 68RFE models.
4. Free Core Pickup
Your mechanic installs your new transmission, and places your old transmission (core) into our reusable shipping container. You let us know when your vehicle is done, and we’ll send a truck to pick up the core free, within 24 hours.
Our 65RFE Updates and Upgrades
► Remanufactured pump, with new line bore bushings to eliminate leaks and provide superior flow and durability.
► Remanufactured valve body, with complete system correction and recalibration kit, improves pressure control and shift quality.
► Remanufactured and improved torque converter tested for leaks, concentricity, and balance. Upgrades exceed OE requirements and eliminate the possibilities of front seal leaks, premature bushing wear, and vibration.
► All new, bushings installed in key locations to improve internal fluid flow control and fluid pressures.
► Complete system correction and recalibration kit installed to address several OE flaws. Modifications include updates to servos, the PR system, and valve body accumulators.
► Heavy-duty recalibration kit installed to reduce slippage and increase durability.
► Complete road simulation using a dynamometer testing program called C.A.R.S. (Computer Aided Road Simulation). Every transmission is cold and hot tested before shipment.
65RFE Install Checklist:
• Compare replacement transmission and torque convertor to original before installation.
• Scan original vehicle computer for all systems, record any codes for later review, and resolve all codes. Be sure to
check ABS as this may affect how the transmission performs through the traction control system.
• Transmission cooler and lines must be hot flushed or replaced. Fluid flow after flushing should be at least 1 quart of fluid in 30 seconds at the return cooler line.
• Inspect flex plate closely and completely for cracks or any damage.
• Inspect crankshaft pilot area for wear and apply grease to aid with installation.
• Be sure both dowel pins are clean, installed properly, and are in good condition.
• Seat the torque converter completely in the transmission prior to installation in the vehicle.
• Verify that the engine block and bell housing surfaces are clean and free of paint, grease, oil, and corrosion. If bell
housing and engine block are aluminum, take extra care to clean surfaces to prevent connectivity issues.
• Air tools should NOT be used to force the transmission against the engine block.
• Replace torque converter bolts with new to prevent damage from stretched original bolts.
• Inspect all engine and transmission mounts for wear and damage.
• Inspect driveshafts and u-joints for wear, binding, and damage.
• In all wheel drive vehicles, check tires for uniformity in brand and size.
• Test all sensors and switches that have been transferred from the original transmission.
• Fill the transmission with Synthetic or ATF+4 transmission fluid.
• Confirm that the transmission has a good ground connection; reattach all ground straps.
• Clean the driveshaft yoke or transfer case input shaft prior to installation to prevent transmission output seal
• Adjust gearshift linkage after installation.
• Perform “quicklearn” procedure using a capable scan tool in order to reset the CVI values. Vehicle may take several drive cycles to adapt to style of driver.
65RFE Vehicle Applications
How Many Variations of the 65RFE?
There are many different variations (so we have over 60 different part numbers!). Each one for a different engine size (bellhousing) and varying electronic and solenoid systems for different years.
Only certain models will interchange with others, which is why we ask for your 17-digit VIN# when you order so we are 100% sure it is the matching unit for your vehicle!
Remanufactured 65RFE vs. Rebuilt or Used
3 Year, Unlimited Miles Nationwide Warranty
Parts & Labor Coverage
Our commitment to delivering excellent service doesn’t end at the closing of the sale! Should you have any questions or concerns about your Street Smart transmission, our Product Support Team is only a phone call away.
So what does a No Hassle Warranty really mean?
• You’re covered for 3 years, unlimited miles.
• Your warranty attaches to your vehicle and transfers to new owners.
• You’re covered anywhere in the continental United States.
• You’re back on the road fast; we send you a replacement transmission. as soon as your warranty diagnosis submitted!
• We pay labor to the shop installing your replacement transmission.
Labor Warranty Defined: Up to $50/hour MItchell book hours for removal and re-installation. Must be initially installed at an auto repair shop for labor warranty to be valid. Auto repair shop is defined as repair shop whose primary business is automotive repair and provides auto repair service to the general public, and the initial install is done on a repair order.
Commercial Application Defined: Vehicles of larger than one ton (F450/F550, 4500/5500 series, motorhomes), transportation for hire (taxis, shuttles, bus, limo) delivery service, business-owned commercial-use vehicles, police/emergency vehicles, tow trucks.
A Day in the Life of a Transmission Video
Learn more about Shipping, Warranty, Core Returns, and Ordering Works
Our Recent Reviews
We let our reviews speak for us.
65RFE Diagnostic Trouble Codes
|P0700||Transmission Control System (MIL Request)|
|P0711||Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor Circuit Range/Performance|
|P0712||Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor Circuit Low Input|
|P0713||Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor Circuit High Input|
|P0720||Output Speed Sensor Circuit|
|P0729||Gear 6 Incorrect Ratio|
|P0730||Incorrect Gear Ratio|
|P0731||Gear 1 Incorrect Ratio|
|P0732||Gear 2 Incorrect Ratio|
|P0733||Gear 3 Incorrect Ratio|
|P0734||Gear 4 Incorrect Ratio|
|P0735||Gear 5 Incorrect Ratio|
|P0740||Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Malfunction|
|P0743||Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Electrical|
|P0748||Pressure Control Solenoid 'A' Electrical|
|P0751||Shift Solenoid 'A' Performance or Stuck Off|
|P0765||Shift Solenoid 'D'|
|P0880||TCM Power Input Signal|
|P0881||TCM Power Input Signal Range/Performance|
|P0882||TCM Power Input Signal Low|
|P0884||TCM Power Input Signal Intermittent|
For the 2012 model year, the 545RFE was recalibrated and introduced as the 65RFE in 1500 Ram models. With the exception of an improved torque converter, it is physically the same as its predecessor.
The key difference in the 65RFE is the ability to use all six forward gears in sequence when using Electronic Range Select mode. In normal drive mode, however, the 65RFE uses the shift pattern of the 545RFE; thus never using 2nd and 3rd gears in succession. 2500 and 3500 models with gas engines received the 66RFE, a hybrid of 68RFE internals (including the gearset) packaged in a 545RFE case.